MSU Office of the Provost
As Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Montana State University! (A provost is the Chief Academic Officer at institutions of higher education.) My office manages all programs, procedures and policies for the academic life at Montana State University including faculty hiring, retention and formal reviews; academic program and curriculum establishment, review and changes; course scheduling and enrollment management; and accreditation and assessment.
The deans of the colleges report directly to me as do the Associate Provosts, the Director of Extended University, Director of the Blackstone Launchpad, and the Director of WWAMI.
At MSU, we are excited about the breadth and quality of the academic programs we offer to students across the state, the country and the globe in a beautiful place for a reasonable cost. We truly are Mountains and Minds: Leaders and Learners. Check out what we have to offer. Call or email us with questions. Come and visit. We look forward to meeting you!
Provost's Distinguished Lecturer Series
Six Montana State University faculty members will deliver lectures throughout the academic year as part of the university’s third annual Provost’s Distinguished Lecturer Series.
The series, which is free and open to the public, recognizes outstanding MSU faculty for their scholarship and leadership. Faculty presenting during the series will reflect on the inspirations for their work in lectures suited for professionals and lay people alike.
All lectures will be held at 7 p.m. in the Museum of the Rockies’ Hager Auditorium and will be followed by a reception at 8 p.m.
Lectures in the series are listed below by date and the lecturer’s name and department, college or center.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Tomas Gedeon, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Tuesday, Nov. 10: Susan Kollin, Department of English
- Tuesday, Jan. 19: Peter Buerhaus, College of Nursing
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: Mark Jutila, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Tuesday, March 8: Phil Stewart, Center for Biofilm Engineering
- Tuesday, April 12: Catherine Zabinski, Department of Land Resources and Environmental Sciences
Calls for Proposals
- CFAC/EFAC Grants [RFP | CFAC Form (Word, PDF) | EFAC Form (Word, PDF)] (December, 2015)
- Native American Recruitment and Retention Initiatives (RFP) (February, 2016)