MSU Office of the Provost
As Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Montana State University! (A provost is the Chief Academic Officer at institutions of higher education.) My office manages all programs, procedures and policies for the academic life at Montana State University including faculty hiring, retention and formal reviews; academic program and curriculum establishment, review and changes; course scheduling and enrollment management; and accreditation and assessment.
The deans of the colleges report directly to me as do the Associate Provosts, the Executive Director of the Museum of the Rockies, the Director of Extended University, Director of International Programs and the Director of WWAMI.
At MSU, we are excited about the breadth and quality of the academic programs we offer to students across the state, the country and the globe in a beautiful place for a reasonable cost. We truly are Mountains and Minds: Leaders and Learners. Check out what we have to offer. Call or email us with questions. Come and visit. We look forward to meeting you!
- Center for Faculty Excellence Workshops
- Provost's Distinguished Lecturer Series: Frances Lefcort ~ Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 7 p.m., Hager Auditorium, Museum of the Rockies
- Provost's Distinguished Lecturer Series: Joseph Seymour ~ Tuesday, March 4, 2014, 7 p.m., Hager Auditorium, Museum of the Rockies
- Provost's Distinguished Lecturer Series: John Priscu ~ Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 7 p.m., Hager Auditorium, Museum of the Rockies
- Spring Commencement ~ Saturday, May 3, 2014
Calls for Proposals
- CFAC/EFAC Grants [RFP | CFAC Form (Word, PDF) | EFAC Form (Word, PDF)]
- MSU Awards for Faculty and Staff
- Native American Recruitment and Retention Grants