Bookshare Account Activation Instructions
Bookshare is an online repository of accessible textbooks. We encourage students with alternative text accommodations through the Office of Disability Services. to look here first when requesting accessible versions of their textbooks.
How to activate your Bookshare Membership
- Visit www.bookshare.org
- Choose "Sign Up Today", then "Sign Up Individual"
- At the top of the account page, click "Yes" in the box at the top confirming that the account is for a user with a Print Disability.
- Enter all required information and click "Create Account."
- On the next screen, you will be able to download a Proof of Disability (POD) form. Print this page and drop off at the ODS office, or email form to [email protected]
- ODS staff will complete form and submit to membership services within 1 business day of receipt. Student will receive email from Bookshare Membership Services confirming account activation.