Current SSC Research
Rick Lawrence - Professor, LRES
Scott Powell - Assistant Professor, LRES
Eric Sproles - Assistant Professor, Earth Sciences
Nick Fox - Instructor, LRES
Examples of Past SSC Research
- Role of North American forest disturbance and regrowth in the North American Carbon Program: Integrated analyses of Landsat and U.S. Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis
- Hyperspectral Sensor for large-area monitoring of carbon dioxide reservoirs and pipelines
- Developing methods for monitoring change in conifer cover across biophysical gradients in national parks
- AgCam Science Applications Team – Development of site specific farming and ranching products based on red and near infrared satellite imagery.
- Whitebark Pine Dynamics – Investigation of decadal changes in whitebark pine distribution in the northern Rockies using satellite-based imagery.
- Saltcedar Mapping – Mapping distribution of saltcedar in the Bighorn Basin using satellite-based imagery.
- Implementing an Invasive Plant Inventory and Monitoring Protocol for Canyon Ferry Reservoir
- Change detection of Yellowstone radiative thermal flux using remote sensing imagery
- Big Sky Carbon Sequestration Partnership
- Upper Gallatin Watershed Nutrient Assessment