Student Services at MSU
- Dean of Students
- Career, Internship & Student Employment Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Day Care Preschool (ASMSU)
- Disability, Re-Entry & Veteran Services
- Financial Aid Services
- Hosaeus Fitness Center/ Recreational Sports & Fitness
- International Programs
- Outdoor Recreation Program
- Renne Library
- Strand Union Building
- Student Health Service
- Allen Yarnell Office of Student Success
- Vehicle Registration
174 Strand Union Building
The Dean of Students Office staff is available to students, parents, faculty and members of the community for consultation about student-related matters, both academic and non-academic. We support a number of campus programs, including Fraternity/Sorority Life, Student Conduct, and Parent & Family Relations. We also provide support for students as they develop necessary skills as adult members of our academic community.
221 Strand Union Building
The Associated Students of Montana State University (ASMSU) provides essential elements to a rewarding college experience: representation, education, entertainment, and service programs.
ASMSU Services include:
- ASMSU Senate
- Bicycle Repair Shop
- Campus Entertainment
Art exhibits, concerts, films, comedy, lively arts, and lectures
- Day Care
See details in Day Care Center section
- Exponent Newspaper
- KGLT Radio
- Leadership Institute
- Legal Service
Inexpensive legal service
- Outdoor Recreation
- Recreational Sports & Fitness
- Streamline Transit
Free transportation for students, staff, faculty, and the public
177 Strand Union Building
Career, Internship & Student Employment Services offers a full range of career planning and recruitment services to students, alumni, the campus community, and employers. A primary goal of the office is to help students find satisfying careers and gain experience and skills which will clarify goals and facilitate entry into the job market. Services include:
- HireABobcat.com, a web page that hosts student employment, internship, and full-time employment opportunities
- Career coaching to assist individuals with choice of major, career, job search preparation, career changes, or return to school (undergraduate or graduate programs).
- Internships in a variety of fields. We offer assistance arranging academic credit for internships.
- On-campus recruiting for summer, internship, and career positions with employers in business, industry, government, education, and non-profit fields.
- Workshops on career planning, job search, interviewing, resume writing, and various career options.
- A credential file service for teacher and graduate school candidates, plus all other students and alumni.
211 Swingle Hall (above Student Health)
Counseling & Psychological Services provides free, confidential counseling to eligible summer session students. Limited services are provided on an appointment-only basis. For questions about eligibility or to schedule an appointment, please call 994-4531.
Louise Shunk Day Care/Community Center
1295 West Garfield St.
A Day Care Preschool provided by ASMSU and the University is available in the family housing area. Children aged 2 1/2 years until entrance into kindergarten of MSU students, staff, and faculty are eligible. Children do not have to be toilet trained. The Day Care Preschool is open during Summer Session and the academic year.
NAEYC Accredited Program.
Information, pamphlets, and applications are available at the Preschool or in Room 221 SUB.
180 Strand Union Building
- Disabled Student Services
This program provides services for students with disabilities. Students desiring accommodations for a disability must request services through Disabled Student Services.
- Re-Entry Student Services
Non-traditional-age students (25 and over) can find direction, support, and assistance in this office.
- Veteran Support Center/Office of Veteran Services (185 Strand Union; 994-3661)
The Center is dedicated to a variety of activities for MSU's student veterans, along with managing GI Bill benefits for all qualified veterans, dependents, and Guard/Reserve.