Get Your CatCard

All new faculty and staff members will be charged $20.00 for a CatCard. To be issued a CatCard, please bring a valid government-issued photo ID with you to the CatCard office under Miller Dining Commons (in the Hedges Complex). If your department will be covering the cost of your CatCard, you will need a letter on department letterhead, or via email, with your name and the last 4 digits of your GID, as well as the Banner charge number.

University-related people and visiting students, researchers, and faculty need to bring a letter from their sponsoring department stating their name, GID number, and status/relationship with MSU along with a valid government-issued photo ID. Their cost for a CatCard is $20.00. NOTE: Only individuals who have a completed Courtesy Affiliate form on file with MSU and have a valid GID number will be issued a CatCard.

A $20.00 replacement fee will be charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards.

Using Your CatCard

The CatCard is your identification card for Montana State University-Bozeman. The CatCard will give you access to approved buildings after hours, the Rec. Sports and Fitness Center (with paid membership) and can also be used as a debit card at various on-campus vendor locations. The locations page lists all the places where you can use your CatCard.

The Rec. Sports and Fitness Center uses the CatCard to gain entrance to the center. Faculty and Staff must pay for a membership first before being able to access the gym. Please go to the Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center to sign up and pay for your membership.

Your CatCard is your library card. A CatCard is required and must be presented at the Library Service Desk in order to checkout materials and technologies. More details here.

Faculty and staff members can enjoy the same great dining options and convenience as residence hall students, as well as saving time and money, by purchasing commuter block meal plans. Block meal plan holders can share their meals with co-workers, colleagues, family members, and other guests (must be accompanied by plan holder). For more information, on block meal plans, see the MSU Culinary Services website.