Undergraduate Student Academic Resources
https://www.montana.edu/registrar/adddropcourse.htmlThe following resources are meant as a quick reference list for current undergraduate students in the Ecology Department. If you have questions or concerns about the following, please contact the Ecology Academic Coordinator.
- Add/Drop Form
- Add/Drop Deadlines
- How to change your curriculum (major, minor, etc.)
- Ecology Advising and Registration FAQ
- Faculty and Staff contact info
- Graduation/Commencement Information
- Registration Deadlines Calendar
Biological Sciences concentrations in the catalog, which include a checklist of all courses required for your major option and additional information needed for completing this degree:
- Biology Teaching
- Conservation Biology and Ecology
- Fish and Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Organismal Biology
Ecology Student Clubs
Each of these clubs meets around monthly during the academic year, and students are able to participate in annual state chapter society meetings.
- MSU Student Subunit of the American Fisheries Society: Email [email protected] for more information
- MSU Student Subunit of The Wildlife Society: Follow them on Facebook, or email [email protected] for more information
Job and Internship Opportunities
Announcements about job and internship opportunities that are currently available in the department and other related organizations are posted on our job board and sent out through a weekly digest email to the job email listserv. All current Ecology students are included in this listserv and will receive all announcements. Students in other departments or community members who wish to receive announcements may email [email protected] to request to be added to the listserv. Occasionally faculty or graduate students will post positions on Hire-A-Bobcat (powered by Handshake), or may post open positions on their faculty webpages. Also see our Careers in Ecology page to browse options for future employment.
Getting Credit for Internships or Undergraduate Research
Please see our Internships, Independent Study, and Undergraduate Research FAQs page for information regarding internships, independant studies, or undergraduate research.