- Healthcare professions who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
- Work environment: Athletic trainers work in a variety of different professional settings, including:
- Hospital emergency departments, Intercollegiate athletics, Law enforcement and military, Occupational and industrial settings, Performing arts, Physician offices, Professional sports, Secondary schools, or Sports medicine clinics.
- Education: Athletic trainers must graduate from an accredited professional program. Those programs are currently at both the bachelor’s and master’s level. Within the next six to seven years, all students enrolling in professional education in athletic training will be earning degrees at the master’s level.
- Association Website: https://www.nata.org/about/athletic-training