Prep2Apply and Committee Letters
What is Prep2Apply?
Prep2Apply is a non-credit (free) workshop hosted by the Office of Health Professions Advising to help current and alumni MSU students complete final preparations for their health professions school (Medical, Dental, PA, Optotometry, Pharmacy, Pt, OT, Chiropractics, AT, etc.) applications. Topics covered include:
- Parts of the application
- Application timeline
- Entrance exams
- Letters of recommendation (types, how to ask, submisssion process)
- Personal statements and essays
- Feedback from previous MSU applicants
Students will also have the opprotunity to meet individually with HPA and receive feedback on all their application matierals.
For students who are requesting support of the HPA office, culminating in the preparation of a committee letter of evaluation, they must complete the following through Prep2Apply to be eligible:
- Register for Prep2Apply by February 20th
- Submit Initial request for a committee letter through Prep2Apply D2L site by February 21st at 11:59pm
- Attend all required meetings
- Submit MSU internal application materials (Experiences, Un-official Transcripts, Personal Statement, Entrance Exam scores) by April 2nd via the Prep2Apply D2L site
- Submit FERPA release form and list of anticipated recommenders
- Schedule and complete a PPAC mock interview.
- Have at least 3 letter of recommendation sent to the office by June 1st.
When completing applications, please release information to HPA office.
- Following submission of applications, supply HPA office with:
- Copy of application
- Application ID #
- Any other relevant ID # (letter ID # for example)
- List of schools to which you are applying
When is it?
Workshop meetings will begin early February and will be held in a blended format (in-person and online).
Who is eligible? How to I sign-up?
All current students and MSU alumni are eligible to participate in Prep2Apply.
Please complete this short registration form to be added to the Prep2Apply Spring workshop D2L site. Applicants can be expected to see the D2L site become available in late Novemeber or early December before beginning meetings in February of the next calendar year.