Prep2Apply and Committee Letters
What is Prep2Apply?
Prep2Apply is a non-credit (free) workshop hosted by the Office of Health Professions Advising to help current and alumni MSU students complete final preparations for their health professions school (Medical, Dental, PA, Optotometry, Pharmacy, Pt, OT, Chiropractics, AT, etc.) applications. Topics covered during the meetings:
- Parts of the application
- Application timeline
- Entrance exams
- Letters of recommendation (types, how to ask, submisssion process)
- Personal statements and essays
- Feedback from previous MSU applicants
Students will also have the opprotunity to meet individually with HPA and receive feedback on all their application matierals.
For students who are requesting support of the HPA office, culminating in the preparation of a committee letter of evaluation, they must complete the following through Prep2Apply to be eligible:
- Attend all required meetings
- Submit MSU internal application materials (Experiences, Un-official Transcripts, Personal Statement, Entrance Exam scores)
- Submit FERPA release form and list of anticipated recommenders
- Schedule and complete a PPAC mock interview.
- Have at least 3 letter of recommendation sent to the office by June 1st.
Individuals MUST register for Prep2Apply no later than April 1st 2022 and submit all required documents listed above by April 2nd 2022 to be eligible to receive a committee letter. This includes applicants who have previously received a committee letter from HPA.
When completing applications, please release information to HPA office.
- Following submission of applications, supply HPA office with:
- Copy of application
- Application ID #
- Any other relevant ID # (letter ID # for example)
- List of schools to which you are applying
When is it?
Typically, it will begin the first week in February and online meetings will be on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm MST (pre-med, pre-dent, pre-opto, pre-pharm) and Thursday evenings 7-8pm MST (pre-PT, pre-OT, pre-Chiro, pre-AT).
Who is eligible? How to I sign-up?
All current students and MSU alumni are eligible to participate in Prep2Apply.
Please complete this short registration form to be added to the Prep2Apply Spring 2022 workshop D2L site.