Activity Insight (by Digital Measures)
Montana State University collects information for faculty annual reviews, annual reports, discipline-specific accreditation documents and other reports and publications through Activity Insight, a web-based product created and hosted by Digital Measures. The system will be able to produce faculty annual review documents, NSF and NIH Biographical Sketches, CVs, pre-defined custom reports, ad hoc reports, and documentation to support P&T dossiers in real time based on the information uploaded, entered, and curated in the database. It will also provide MSU with reporting capabilities to support grant applications and help MSU track metrics for the strategic plan. The software also gives colleges and departments the flexibility to create reports that are specific to their own unit and/or discipline needs.
The intent is that rather than multiple offices across campus asking faculty for information about their work several times each year in slightly different ways, faculty members will be asked for information about their activities in one place, using one tool, thus preventing them from having to duplicate reporting efforts. The site is available to update information anytime and from any computer or mobile device that has an internet connection.
Where appropriate, we will use data from Banner and other existing databases to pre-populate some of the data. The system also allows faculty to load BibTeX files so that you do not have to rekey any citation information currently available in variety of reference managers (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero) and publication databases (e.g., Google Scholar, PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science).
- MSU Quick Start Guide
- Guide to Entering Annual Activities into AI & Submitting to the Annual Review Process through Workflow
- Importing data from your CV into Activity Insight
- Web Directory & Faculty Profile Documentation
- Faculty Web Profile Template - See where items in web profile pull from in Activity Insight
- Customize Your Activity Insight CV
- ORCID, Activity Insight, and Documenting Your Scholarly Work
- Generating Reports
- Saving "Ad Hoc" Reports for Repeat Use
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Local help (email)