Faculty Success (formerly Activity Insight)
Montana State University collects information for faculty annual reviews, annual reports, discipline-specific accreditation documents and other reports and publications through Faculty Success, a web-based product hosted by Watermark. The system feeds departmental web directories, faculty web profiles and produces faculty annual review documents, NSF and NIH Biographical Sketches, CVs, pre-defined custom reports, ad hoc reports, and documentation to support P&T dossiers in real time based on the information uploaded, entered, and curated in the database. It will also provides MSU with reporting capabilities to support grant applications and track strategic plan metrics. Faculty Success also gives colleges and departments the flexibility to create reports that are specific to their own unit and/or discipline needs.
The intent is that rather than multiple offices across campus asking faculty for information about their work several times each year in slightly different ways, faculty members are asked for information about their activities in one place, using one tool, thus preventing them from having to duplicate reporting efforts. The site is available to update information anytime and from any computer or mobile device that has an internet connection.
Where appropriate, we use data from Banner and other existing databases to pre-populate some of the data. The system also allows faculty to load BibTeX files so that you do not have to rekey any citation information currently available in variety of reference managers (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero) and publication databases (e.g., Google Scholar, PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science).
- MSU Quick Start Guide
- Importing data from your CV into Faculty Success
- Web Directory & Faculty Profile Documentation
- Faculty Web Profile Template - See where items in web profile pull from in Activity Insight
- ORCID, Faculty Success, and Documenting Your Scholarly Work
- Creating Custom Formatted Reports
- Generating Reports
- Saving "Ad Hoc" Reports for Repeat Use
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Local help (email)
- Guide to Entering Activities into FS & Submitting to the Annual Review Process through Workflow
- Video - Submitting to a Workflow Process
- Video - Uploading CampusLabs Course Evaluation Summary to Scheduled Teaching Courses (by Dr. Mike Babcock)
- Video - Reviewing a Workflow Submission (for Dept Heads/Deans)