- MSU moves forward with U.S. Department of Energy backed carbon dioxide storage project in northern Montana
2011-07-26 - Montana State University finalized negotiations with the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy - National Energy Technology Laboratory on Tuesday to begin work on a $67 million, eight-year carbon storage project in northern Montana.
- Study: MSU contributes more than 13,500 jobs and $1 billion to state's economy
2011-03-04 - Montana would have 13,500 fewer jobs and more than $1 billion less in personal income if Montana State University's four campuses and the Montana Agricultural Experiment Station did not exist, according to a recently released economic impact report.
- MSU Web site, film and teacher's guide focus on alternative energy
2010-12-02 - MSU researchers have developed a Web site, film and teacher materials that explore alternative energy research.
- MSU: Baking soda dramatically boosts oil production in algae
2010-11-12 - Montana State University researchers have discovered that baking soda can dramatically increase algae's production of the key oil precursors for biodiesel.
- MSU receives $2 million to further study diesel-producing South American fungus
2009-12-28 - MSU has received a $2 million grant from the National Science Foundation to expand its study of <i> Gliocladium roseum,</i> a fungus that naturally produces compounds like those found in diesel fuel.
- Search for older energy-related stories in the MSU News archives under Research > Energy