- MSU Personnel and Payroll - Retirement Information and Forms
- Montana University System -- Retirement and Pensions. This web-site provides information on the MUS retirement plans as well as links to pension managers and to information regarding retirement.
- Getting Ready for the Rest of Your Life - A retirement planning guide from the Montana University System, 2013 version.
- Handbook on Retirement at MSU -- produced by MSU Association of Retired Faculty (2007)
- Retiree Privileges / Courtesies
- The Chronicle of Higher Education published three comment pieces in November, 2014 about how and when university faculty should best retire. "The Forever Professors" implies that senior faculty should retire earlier rather than later; "Ageism in Academe" responds that senior professors are more productive in their later years and should continue in their appointments; "Dignity in Retirement is Not Too Much to Ask" suggests that there are retirement arrangements that benefit both the retiring faculty and their university, mostly by the availability of opportunities for retired faculty to continue to work.
Retirement Planning Workshops
Pre-retirement workshops discuss phased versus full retirement and provide appropriate information to faculty.
Post-retirement workshops include information related to medical coverage and general university benefits available to retired faculty.