Past Programs & Participants
A key part of the program is an intensive, state-wide internship program to facilitate hands-on experiences for business students. The internships are paid, and they also earn academic credit for the interns.
The 2019 interns with advisor, Tim Harvey.
The 2018 interns (L-R: Sidney Schwan, Janae Hayes, Hailey Blackwell, Andrea Fairchild, Meagan Minas, and Blake Mattfeldt) with advisor, Tim Harvey.
Glacier Bank: Meagan Minas (left) with VP Jill Jacobsen and bank president Bob Nystuen.
In summer 2017, eight interns were placed with Montana banks.
Six of the 2017 summer interns with advisor, Tim Harvey.
Photos of the students at their internships, summer 2017:
Opportunity Bank: Bert Bartle, Myia Morris, Laura Rogers, Chelsea Vander Vos, Stephen Murray (intern), and Lee Oldenburger
First Security Bank: Alex Picicci presented with a "Solution for Improvement" award
Big Sky Western Bank: Shawn Bleile, Tevan Rembe (intern), Jolene Barcus, Cory Kellogg, and bank president Jim Ness
The interns and their advisor, Tim Harvey, also spent a day out playing golf and networking. (L-R: Stephen Murray, Tim Harvey and Alex Picicci)
Summer 2021 Career and Internship Information Night
November 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- Learn about MSU’s Community Banking Program and Summer 2021 internship opportunities
- Local Bankers describe their careers and hiring needs
- Past bank interns describe their internship experience
Clinton Gerst, President, Bank of Bozeman
Tim Schreiber, Vice President, Farmers State Bank
Bert Bartle, Vice President, Opportunity Bank
Virtual Roundtable Discussion: Opportunities and Challenges for Home Ownership
October 1, 2020 from 1-2 pm.
- Federal Reserve Governor and voting FOMC member: Michelle (Miki) Bowman
- Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Kathy Kraninger
- President and CEO of the Independent Community Bankers of America: Rebeca Romero-Rainey
- Commissioner, Montana Division of Banking & Financial Institutions: Melanie Hall
Neel Kashkari, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis was a guest speaker on September 7, 2018.
Diana Holshue, Director of Branch Operations and Regional Outreach, presented "Steering the Economy: The Outlook for the Employment and Interest Rates" on November 8, 2017.
Senator Jon Tester served as the program's first guest speaker. On September 22, 2017, he talked about bank regulatory reform. He currently serves on the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee.