Mentoring, Inspiring, Networking, and Educating...
The MSU Jabs Women’s Circle of Excellence mission is to enhance and enrich the lives
of our women alumnae, associates and friends by opening doors for mentoring and networking while creating educating and inspiring
opportunities for women by women.
May 13, 2021 | Conference Overview
The MSU Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship's 12th annual Women's Circle
of Excellence Conference will take place virtually on Thursday, May 13, 2021. This conference captures the meaning of being a woman in today's business world
and is designed to help you achieve continued success, both professionally and personally.
Virtual Conference: 9:00 AM – 3:15 PM (MDT)
- Link will be provided prior to the event
Optional In-Person Networking Event: 4:00 PM – 5:30 (MDT)
- At Dry Hills Distillery: 106 Village Center Lane, Bozeman, MT 59718
- $25 per person
- Company registration of over 5 people is $20 per person
We want your feedback so we can make this event even better for next year:
Up to 6.9 CPA CPE credits available. If you are interested in these credits, please use the form below. Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- 9:00 - 9:05: Overview and Morning Welcome with Jaynee Groseth
- 9:05 – 9:55: Morning Keynote
- Whitney Hinshaw Sullivan: Passion to Purpose: Living Your Mission for Seismic Shifts. This session will inspire participants to live and lead with more clarity and passion,
and will teach participants how to create a career vision/mission that empowers them
to identify the tangible, daily moments they make seismic shifts for positive change.
- 10:00 – 10:55: First Break Out Session - Select One
- Hillary Sinclair: Building Your Marketing Stack and the Top Bootstrapping Tools. This session will address marketing from 10,000 feet level down to the minute details.
- Marissa McDonough: Simple Steps to Create Powerful Change. A session focused on simple, daily steps that you can take to improve both personally
- Julie Scates: You Make the Rules! Designing Your Life. Life isn’t always finding a way to make your schedule work for your career, it incorporates
so much more. In this session, come prepared to learn how to make your career work
for you and still be able to live your most fulfilling life.
- 11:00 - 11:30: Second Break Out Session - Select One
- Amy Schulte: What I Gained from Losing it All. This session aims to inspire women to reflect on who they are, what they want out
of life, and tips I have learned to help them get there.
- Carolyn Williams & Jackie Adamek: Leading from the Heart. This speakers will share insights on building a business and community and making
authentic desicions that result in a strong foundation from which to grow a successful
- Hillary Sinclair: How to Avoid Being One of the 90%. Over 90% of startups fail… Come learn what to expect, what to avoid, and how to maximize
- Melissa Herron & Serena Rundberg: Many Heads are Better than One. Melissa Herron and Serena Rundberg will speak about their business backgrounds, and
their respective journeys toward their current roles with Steep Mountain Tea House.
- 11:30 - 12:00: Optional Wellness Workshop - Select One
- Reenergize & Rejuvenate Yoga Session with Darcie Warden: Feel fresh for the second half of the day. This 30 minute yoga class combines breath,
movement and stillness to get you centered, energized and focused for your next session.
- Tea 101 with Steep Mountain Tea House: With the owner and manager of Steep Mountain Tea House, Serena Rundberg and Melissa
Herron respectively, will bring tips and tricks to brewing the right cup of tea. Not
only this, but what benefits are associated with those teas.
- 12:00 – 12:55: Third Break Out Session - Select One
- Lorca Smetana: Resilient Women, Resilient Leaders. How to design ourselves and our businesses for resilience.
- Carmen McSpadden: Enhance your Effectiveness by Developing the Skill of Welcoming Conflicting Ideas!
In this session, we will explore how you can build trust that welcomes conflicting
ideas, and why this skill is important for women leaders. Additionally, we will examine
effective strategies for team leaders to enhance engagement and credibility.
- 1:00 - 1:45: Panel Discussion: Know Your Worth: Navigating the Employee & Employer Puzzle. This panel is designed to cover various perspectives, from a company looking to hire
great talent with a multitude of competitive factors in play, as well as employees
looking for their best career fit in an equally competitive landscape.
- 1:50 – 3:00: Afternoon Keynote:
- Lara Hodgson: Spark of Innovation: Lessons from an Entrepreneur. Innovation comes from the most unlikely places. Lara Hodgson will share her unintended
path to entrepreneurship and the lessons she has learned along the way. She will share
some of the tools and techniques she has developed to spark innovation both from herself
and from those around her. The next big spark may just come from you!
- 3:00 - 3:15: Awards & Closing
- 4:00 – 5:30: Optional In-Person Networking Event at Dry Hills Distillery
Nominate someone for our annual WCOE Outstanding Mentor Award! Please click the button below.
Are you interested in supporting the 2021 Conference? Please click the button below!
Back to Top
Thank You to our Generous 2021 Conference Sponsors:
For sponsorship or registration information contact
JJCBEDeansOffice@montana.edu or 406-994-4423
We are on LinkedIn and Facebook!
The MSU Jabs Women’s Circle of Excellence (the Circle) was created in the fall of
2006 based on the vision of Jackie Sather and Micki Munro. A group of alumnae and administrative employees of Jabs were brought
together to form the Core Committee of the Circle. In the spring of 2007, the Core
Committee hosted the Circle’s first event, a graduation celebration for the graduating
seniors and MPAc women, where they were congratulated on this significant achievement
by local Jabs alumnae.
The Core Committee brought the first annual Women’s Circle of Excellence conference,
a two-day event held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bozeman, Montana on April 17th and
18th, 2008. This also coincided with the 115th anniversary of the College of Business.
The theme of the conference was “Links of a Lifetime," which promoted the existing
bonds between alumnae and friends and fostered opportunities to establish new ones.
This conference featured national and local speakers who presented inspirational and
educational sessions and events, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities.
These two days featured presentations capturing the true meaning of being a woman
in today’s busy world, while sharing the pride that comes from being linked by the
common thread of graduating from the same institute in business.