Post Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate
The Post Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate Program (Certificate) is a career-changing opportunity afforded to students by Montana State University through the Health Professions Advising office. As a ‘career-changing’ program, students accepted into this program have earned a non-science bachelor’s degree and have often been employed prior to deciding to pursue medicine or health care (see requirements).
Students who apply to health professional schools after completing the program have an acceptance rate of nearly 90%, well over national rates of acceptance. That includes applications primarily to medical schools, but also, dental, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractic, optometry and pharmacy. The student cohort applying from MSU is often accepted to well over 30 different medical schools each year, suggesting students are broadly competitive.
- Be in career changing status and thus have taken very few, if any, science courses in college
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or greater
- Demonstrated math proficiency within past 5 years.
- Must have completed College Algebra (M121Q or equivalent) prior to course
registration and program matriculation.
- If you have had a math course at another institution in the last 5 years, check the MSU transfer equivalency to see if your previous math course meets the College Algebra or equivalent requirement.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the Admissions website (or click on the Apply now button above).
- Choose the "I have already earned a Bachelor's degree, and I am applying to pursue additional Bachelor's degree".
- Enter your information and under "educational goals" select "degree seeking".
- Chose: PRE-MED: Post-Bacc ONLY
- Fill in all other required information and submit.