Post Baccalaureate Certificate Application
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited University or College. GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Demonstrated math proficiency within past 5 years.
- Must have completed College Algebra (M121Q or equivalent) prior to course registration
and program matriculation.
- If you have had a college algebra level (or above) math course at another institution in the last 5 years, you can check to see if that previous math course meets the College Algebra or equivalent requirement at MSU.
- Must have completed College Algebra (M121Q or equivalent) prior to course registration and program matriculation.
- Math Placement score of 400 (level 4) or higher. To help get you prepare, see information on the EdReady program.
Complete the MSU application as a Post-Bacc student here and select the option of "I have already earned a Bachelor’s degree, and I am apply to pursue an additional Bachelor’s degree.”
Applicants must submit a transcript from EVERY University or College they have attended, even if it was to only take 1 course. The Office of Undergradaute Admissions cannot process your application until all your transcripts have been received. Therefore, it is important to start the application process early to allow for sufficient time to complete orientation and academic advising.
*Applications are accepted using rolling admissions throughout the year. However, applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure time for advising and course registration. The Certificate Program is intended to start at the beginning of the summer session (May).