Find Food Producers & Farm to School Programs
Reach out to other farm to school programs to learn from their experience, find out what local foods they feature, or how they manage their school garden. Use the map below to find Harvest of the Month sites near you.
Finding producers is not always easy. The School Food page lists where to search for farmers, ranchers, and food businesses. The map below shows food producers who have expressed interested or are already working with farm to institution programs in Montana. Visit Abundant Montana's Farms + Ranches Directory to find a complete list of producers near you!
Montana Farm to School Reports
- Montana Farm to School Annual Report 2020-2021
- Montana Farm to School Annual Report 2019-2020
- Montana Farm to School Annual Report 2018-2019
Other Reports + Research
- Montana Farm to School Distribution Study - December 2020
- Local Food for Local Kids: Reducing Barriers to Local Food Procurement in Montana Schools - October 2020
Montana Farm to School Stories
Learn and gain inspiration from successful farm to school projects from across Montana with these Montana Farm to School Success Stories!
We want to to hear how you are implementing farm to school practices in your cafeteria, classroom, and community! Share your farm to school story about a farm field trip, great day in your school garden, a recipe that your students love, or a description of your program.