A Few Personal Links
- National weekly charts (May 25, 2020 - October 2022)
- Montana summary: Gallatin, Yellowstone, Missoula, and Park Counties (August 21, 2020 - October 2022)
Campus Reports, Essays, and Opinions
- Classroom Viewbook Mockups: Gaines 101, Reid 332, Harrison 123 and Roberts 321.
- Concerns regarding administration bypassing faculty dialog (20211119)
- Acoustics in Shroyer Gym for use as a lecture hall (20200814)
- Acoustics in MSUAF Great Room (20210413)
- Bobcat 4x4: A Critique (20180205)
- President Cruzado's "We Respectfully Disagree" letter to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle (20150614)
- NAIC "Themes" document (20140903)
- Barrier Courses Task Force Report (20131217)
- COE Excellence in hands-on learning, discovery, and engagement document (20120315)
- Thoughts on the meaning and purpose of tenure (20140605)
- "America: 1968" interdisciplinary course prospectus (20180403)
Lectures and topical essays
- Whitepaper essay on cryptocurrency and blockchain (20190417)
- Essay on 1968 (20161109)
- Invited Lecture "A Half Century Later, A Look Back: America in 1968" (MSU "Wonderlust")
- Invited Lecture "Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing." Bozeman Public Library (20190720)
- Invited Lecture "Stop! What’s that sound? Audio Forensics in 2020," MSU "Wonderlust" (20200625)
- Invited Lecture "Gunshot Acoustics Research," MSU 10x10 Innovation Roadshow, Ellen Theater (20190314)
- Invited Lecture "Faith and Science," response remarks for Inaugural Klein S. Gilhousen Lecture on the Conversation between Faith and Science, Yellowstone Theological Institute, Hager Auditorium, Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman, MT (20170706)
- Essay Considering the Role of the Episcopal Faith in the Career of a Scientist, Episcopal Campus Fellowship newsletter item (20070314)
- Recordings of the Second String Orchestra, adult amateur string ensemble, 2011-present
- Boston Marathon(April 16, 2007 and April 20, 2009) (photos and my journal notes)
- Running Routes in Bozeman(maps and directions for a few running routes starting and ending at the MSU campus, Bozeman)
- Other Running-related Links(articles, clubs, etc.)
- Hiking Pictures and Links (photos and notes from several hikes and adventures in Montana and Colorado)
- "Geology by Light Plane" (A collection of aerial photographs of geological interest by my father, Louis J. Maher, Jr., Professor of Geology (retired), University of Wisconsin-Madison.)
- Essay #1: My Thoughts on Personal Fitness (updated April 2005)
(an excerpt from the original version of this essay was published in the Big Sky Wind Drinkers Running Club December 2005 newsletter)
- Essay #2: Running by the Numbers (April 2005; updated January 2009)
(an excerpt from the original version of this essay was published in the Big Sky Wind Drinkers Running Club May 2005 newsletter)
- Essay #3: 2007 Boston Marathon Diary (April 2007)
(an excerpt from the original version of this essay was published in the Big Sky Wind Drinkers Running Club June 2007 newsletter)
Miscellaneous Files, Audio, and Links
Notes and essay on the occasion of the concert by the rock group Kansas with the MSU Symphony Orchestra on March 24, 2012.
A few of my favorite NPR "Tinsel Tales" Christmas Stories.
A 1986 paper prepared for Music 321-Electronic Music Techniques I at the University of Illinois-Urbana:
"The Emergence of Electro-Acoustic Music: The Role of Futurism, Fascism, and Dadaism," by Rob Maher.
A 1983 paper prepared for History 361-Topics in History and Technology at Washington University in St. Louis:
"The Tennessee Valley Authority--Relations with Blue Collar Employees, 1933-1948," by Rob Maher.
- "Helicotrema" [MP3 encoded version (4:05; 5MB)] (note: piece begins very quietly)
Composed and performed by Robert C. Maher (analog electronic music studio tape piece)
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, April, 1988.
- "A Meditation on a Theme by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr." [MP3 encoded version (5:19; 8MB)]
Composed and performed by Robert C. Maher (custom digital audio processing software and analog electronic music studio).From "New Electronic Works from the University of Illinois," LP record album, track 1, May, 1989.
- A radio interview on audio restoration [MP3 encoded version (5:39; 6MB)]
Interview produced by Mary Jane Bruce for "University Edition," Nebraska Public Radio, September, 1994.
The Montana Audio and Acoustics Society web site.
- "The Spiritual Side of Abraham Lincoln" [MP3 encoded version (8:16; 6MB)]
1945 lecture excerpt by the late B.V. Crawford (1888-1968), Professor of English, University of Iowa (my grandfather).
Transferred from 78RPM recording.
- "Rudyard Kipling" [MP3 encoded version (8:52; 6MB)]
1952 lecture excerpt by the late B.V. Crawford (1888-1968), Professor of English, University of Iowa (my grandfather).
Transferred from 78RPM recording.
Time and Space
- Space Shuttle and ISS Sightings (NASA)
- NASA satellite tracking information (Java app)
- Sunrise and Moonrise Times
- NIST time of day (Java app)
Just for fun
- What's the deal with all the flies in Cobleigh Hall?
- History: back before smartphones, carrying a large-format cell phone was a sign of status and significance. People without a phone felt left out, so my dad created a cardboard phone that anyone could use! Try: the Fo-Fone (courtesy of my father, Louis J. Maher, Jr.)