Exam Scoring Services
MSU Testing Services offers electronic scanning and scoring of Scantron OMR (optical mark recognition) exam forms for departments and individual instructors.
- Drop off exams at Testing Services in room 19 or room 55, Renne Library basement.
- Cover Sheet*
- student scoresheets
- Instructors will be notified by email when scoring is complete. Scores will be provided to instructors via posting in secure Knox and BOX folder.
- Scored exam sheets will be returned to instructor via campus mail, unless other arrangements are made.
- Blank forms will be available for purchase at Testing Services.
*If you need a hardcopy of the cover sheet, please call Testing Services at (406) 994-6984.
Scanning & Scoring Fees
|Setup||$5 per answer key|
|Blank forms||$75per box of 500|
NOTE: Charges are billed to the department index number.
- Individual Student Grade Report – a report for each student, which details score, response to each question, correct answer for incorrect responses, and also contains a pdf image of a student's answer sheet.
- Student Statistics Report – a report which contains student name, GID, grade, total points scored out of value of exam, and percent score.
- Class Frequency Distribution Report – a graphical report that shows the grade distribution for a class.
- Test Statistics Report – a statistical report that provides score data, mean, mean percent score, range, standard deviation, percentiles, confidence intervals, and test reliability.
- Student Response Report – a summary report that shows each student's response to each question on an exam.
- Test Item Statistics Report – a report which summarizes correct/incorrect responses to each question on an exam.
- Item Analysis Report – a graphical report which details how students responded to each question on an exam.
- D2L – a uploadable file that includes a student's name and score [csv].
- Excel – a spreadsheet that includes a student's name, GID, and score [xls].