Sessions and Information
Introducing Montana State University’s first MSU Saturdays!
In order to follow strict social distancing and safety protocols, MSU Saturday programs have limited capacity. So, we encourage you to sign up early! Please note that you must register in advance for these events. No walk-on registrations will be allowed.
MSU Saturdays are half-day programs which offer an in-depth preview of college life at Montana State University. MSU Saturdays are free and open to prospective students and families. Prospective students and their families will have the opportunity to connect with faculty and students, learn more about academic facilities, explore campus and meet with MSU Admissions Counselors.
Our MSU Saturday visit programs will be offered on:
- October 10, 2020 - PAST EVENT
- October 17, 2020 - PAST EVENT
- October 24, 2020
- November 7, 2020 - FULL
- November 14, 2020
MSU will be taking several safety precautions for MSU Saturday events, including limiting attendance. To ensure that this event is safe for our visitors, campus and community, we have outlined some guidelines and expectations for this event:
MASKS ARE REQUIRED: Face coverings are required for all students, faculty, staff and visitors to Montana State University. Masks must be worn indoors at all times. Masks must be worn outdoors where social distancing is not possible or difficult to reliably maintain though are strongly recommended in all outdoor spaces as well. Appropriate face coverings are those that cover the mouth AND NOSE of the wearer.
- Attendees must stay with their registered group for the entire event: MSU Saturday has been organized according to strict social distancing and safety protocols. Attendees will stay in assigned groups of 50 people or less for the entire event.
- There will be limited re-entry: Re-entry will be very limited for safety purposes. Using the restroom, grabbing a coat from your car, etc. is acceptable and will not be included in the “no re-entry” guidance.
- Please prepare for all weather possibilities and extended walks: This event includes a walking tour of campus and a great deal of walking between academic buildings. We ask that you plan for all weather outcomes and that you wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please note that attendees will be divided into separate groups of less than 50 participants during each MSU Saturday program and that your schedule may differ slightly from this sample schedule. All attendees will receive the same information in varying order.
- 7:15 – 8:15am– Check-in & Packet Pick-up
- 8:15 – 8:30am – Welcome to MSU Saturday/Schedule Overview
- 8:30 – 9:15am – "MSU Basics" Presentation with MSU Admissions Counselors
- 9:30 – 10:15am – Campus Tours
- 10:30 – 11:00am – "Student Engagement" Presentation with Office of Student Engagement (OSE)
- 11:15 – 11:45am – "Living & Dining on Campus" Presentation with Residence Life & Dining Services Staff
- 12:00 – 12:30pm – Student Panel
- 12:30 – Closing Remarks
Unfortunately, no. All participants must formally register in advance of the event. MSU Saturday programs adhere to strict county guidelines for event safety, including capping the number of participants, and we anticipate each event reaching its attendance cap quickly. Thank you for understanding!
Yes; MSU Saturday will have a limited re-entry guidance. If you need to use the restroom during the event, grab a coat from your car, etc., you will be able to return to the event. If you choose to leave the event/campus early, we ask that you please do not return to campus.
Please prepare for all types of weather and for extended walking across campus among several academic buildings. You may also want to bring a pen to take notes, but this is not required. Most of all, prepare to have fun!
Tour guides will give a full general tour of the MSU campus, including academic buildings, during MSU Saturday. However, these tours will not break off into individual facility tours.
Residence hall tours will not be available during MSU Saturday and no entry of the residence halls will be allowed. There will be a full "Living & Dining on Campus" presentation during MSU Saturday and we encourage prospective students to visit the Residence Hall website to learn more about the residence halls.
MSU Admissions Counselors will be available at MSU Saturday programs to answer general questions about areas of study, but unfortunately, representatives from individual colleges or areas of study will not be available for MSU Saturday programs. If you would like to meet with someone from a specific area of study, we recommend scheduling a personalized weekday tour rather than attending an MSU Saturday program. We ask that you please do not register for both visit opportunities as our space is limited in both programs.
Questions? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at email@example.com, or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.