Interested in being a 2017 Orientation Leader?
About Admissions and New Student Programs
The Office of Admissions is engaged in marketing MSU--providing accurate, timely information and programs about Montana State University to prospective undergraduate students/families. The Office is also responsible for the processing of all undergraduate applications for admission, transfer credit evaluation and new student orientation. Admissions also works with Financial Aid on new student scholarship programs.
The application process for summer 2017 is complete. Please check back in fall 2017 to apply for summer 2018.
- Must commit to attend all Orientation Sessions (inclusive of Sunday night trainings). See dates below.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
- Must have and maintain a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must not have conflicting academic or employment commitments that interfere with any aspect of the Orientation Leader position, including being enrolled in Summer Classes
- Must be committed to making a positive impact on peers, new students and their families.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must display a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be willing to work the expected and unexpected hours necessary to implement New Student Orientations
- Must display professionalism and school spirit
- Must role model behavior that is reflective of a campus leader, both in person and through all forms of communication and social media
- Must be committed to having a new learning experience
- Must create an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Orientation Leaders will represent Admissions and Montana State University in a positive manner
- Orientation Leaders will be on time for all official trainings, programs and activities
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of New Student Programs and Admissions staff members, Orientation Leaders will fulfill the expectations of their position to the best of their ability
- Orientation Leaders will attend an overnight retreat the weekend of January 20th-21st, 2017
- Orientation Leaders will register for and attend HDCO 460, which will meet weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30--6:00 pm
- Orientation Leaders will be present for ALL Orientation Sessions listed below.
- Orientation Leaders will abide by the dress code, which will be covered during HDCO 460
- Orientation Leaders will commit to a high level of personal ethics and responsibility during employment, and as such, will refrain from engaging in romantic relationships with new students or each other, will refrain from consuming alcohol before or during Orientation class, trainings or events, will refrain from illegal behavior, and will not be absent without notice.
Leaders will participate in a training course spring semester, 2017. HDCO 460, a two-credit class, meets twice a week, from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, and is required of all leaders. A MANDATORY RETREAT, held from 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 20, 2017 to 12:00 p.m. (NOON) Saturday, January 21, 2017, is also part of the training process.
Orientation Sessions and Payment
Upon submitting an online application, please schedule a GROUP INTERVIEW to take place on Tuesday, November 15th or Wednesday, November 16th. Interviews can be scheduled in person (SUB 201) or by calling 994.2452