Bracken Business Communications Clinic (BBCC)
As business communications professionals, BBCC coaches are
committed to helping improve your communication skills and professionalism.
Make an appointment with a BBCC coach and receive one-on-one support and feedback to improve your writing, speaking, interviewing, and oral presentation
All BBCC appointments will be conducted over WebEx for the Fall 2020 semester. The BBCC (110 Jabs) has two private offices reserved for students who have an appointment and need a quiet place on campus, a computer, and webcam for their appointments.
The BBCC is holding online appointments, and the coaches look forward to working with you!
After you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email that contains a link to your coach's WebEx meeting room. At your appointment time, click on your coach's WebEx link to start your appointment. Have your work ready on your screen, so that you can share it with your coach. Coaches can help with papers, presentations, discussion board posts, video conferencing, resumes, cover letters and more. Your health and success are their top priority!
Location: 110 Jabs Hall
Hours of Operation: Appointments are recommended. Walk-in appointments are available on a limited basis.
Students enrolled in business courses or majoring in Business may schedule an appointment
through the BBCC's 24-hour on-line scheduling service.
Did you know…
- The ability to write and communicate clearly is your ticket to professional opportunity.
- Salaried employees frequently produce reports, memos, and other written correspondence, as well as regularly communicate through email and PowerPoint presentations, as part of their jobs.
- Career success depends on the ability to present your thoughts effectively, in a convincing and persuasive manner.
BBCC coaches can assist students with:
- Brainstorming, organizing and formatting papers, as well as identifying effective business writing techniques to reach specific audiences.
- Individual and group presentations, interview preparation, and PowerPoint slides
- Résumés, cover letters, business memos, and applications.
Students can access useful writing tips under "Tips to Improve Your Business Writing" on this page.