The BBCC is located in Room 110 on the first floor of Jabs Hall. Walk-ins are welcome, but an appointment will assure you of getting help. One of our coaches will serve students remotely, while others are available in person.
As business communications professionals, BBCC coaches are committed to helping improve your communication skills and professionalism. Make an appointment with a BBCC coach to receive one-on-one support and feedback that will help improve your writing, speaking, interviewing, and oral presentation skills.
BBCC coaches can assist students with:
- Brainstorming, organizing and formatting papers, as well as identifying effective business writing techniques to reach specific audiences.
- Individual and group presentations, interview preparation, and PowerPoint slides.
- Résumés, cover letters, business memos, and applications.
Any student enrolled in courses in Jabs Hall are welcome to use BBCC services to improve their communication skills and support them with class assignments involving speaking or writing. Start a solid habit of visiting the BBCC as a freshman and throughout your Jabs academic career. Well celebrate with you as you graduate and take your honed communication skills into your next academic or career adventure!
Benefits of Improved Communications
- The ability to write and communicate clearly is your ticket to professional opportunity.
- Salaried employees frequently produce reports, memos, and other written correspondence, as well as regularly communicate through email and PowerPoint presentations, as part of their jobs.
- Career success depends on the ability to present your thoughts effectively, in a convincing and persuasive manner.
- Polished writing and oral communication skills can set you apart from other candidates in job interviews and get you in the door.
If you are majoring or minoring in Business or are enrolled in a business course, you may schedule a BBCC appointment through the Clinic's 24‐hour, online scheduling service. Go to the BBCC's webpage, www.montana.edu/business/bracken/bbcc, and click on the "Make an Appointment" button or click here to make an appointment.
Email Confirmation: After you make an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation. Within this email is a link which allows you to "review and/or modify" your appointment. Use this email confirmation to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Appointment Length: Each appointment is 30 minutes long, and students may reserve up to one hour a day in appointment time for papers longer than three pages, résumé reviews, or for assignments that are more complex.
What to Bring to Your Appointment: Please bring a finished draft AND a copy of your assignment to your BBCC appointment. You may also bring a zip drive or your laptop if you wish to edit your assignment electronically.
Missed appointments reflect a lack of consideration for your fellow students. Please
use the email confirmation you received when you made your BBCC appointment to cancel
or reschedule. If you neglect to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we will record
your appointment as a "no show."
If you receive more than three "no shows" within one semester, you may not use the services provided through the BBCC for the remainder of that semester. As a courtesy, you will be notified by phone and/or email after you receive two "no shows".
Please feel free to contact someone from the BBCC to discuss ways to manage your appointment times successfully. Email [email protected] for further assistance.
Email [email protected] if you have questions.