Science Summer Institute
MONTANA SCIENCE SUMMER INSTITUTE AUG. 9 - 11, 2021 (Flexible Virtual Conference)
Science Math Resource Center and the School Services of Montana hosted the annual science professional learning event designed for Montana K-12 teachers. The three-day virtual conference provided high quality professional learning focused on the advancement of science, STEM, and technology integration in Montana and surrounding states.
A range of learning opportunities with ideas and resources to boost instruction in STEM. Highlights include:
- 2 Keynote Presentations:
- Jason Baldes, Ecologist - “Finding Your Buffalo: Culture, Change, and Curriculum”
- Kyle Calderwood, Technology Coordinator - “Failure IS an Option”
- 2 Panel Discussions: Multiple perspectives and ideas for connecting teaching & learning to real world applications in STEM fields
- “Research in Action” Panel
- “Computer Science Integration” Panel
- Breakout Sessions: Over 20 breakout sessions to choose.
- Resources Round-up: An overview by sponsors who shared their area of expertise, resources, or ideas to enhance STEM teaching & learning.
- “Lunch & Learn” Roundtable Discussions: 30-minute, participant-led discussions to share ideas, resources, strategies, and to network with educators from around the region.
- Interactive Event Website: An interactive event website to help navigate the schedule and options, session information, and connect with other attendees. SSI 2021
- 16 OPI renewal units!