Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty & Staff
MSU faculty and staff are licensed for free Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for use on work and personal computers. This license allows you to download the most up-to-date version of Office for Windows and/or Office for Mac (currently, Office 2016).
You may install Office ProPlus whenever you'd like.
Office ProPlus Features
- Get Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs, yes 5!
- Get Office Online Apps on your mobile devices (iOS, Android, & Windows).
- Use these free versions of Microsoft as long as you are an employee at MSU.
Office for Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, OneDrive, Access, Skype for Business.
Office for Mac applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Lync (Skype for Business).
Follow these instructions to download and install Microsoft Office365 ProPlus:
- Download speeds may vary dependent on your connection (wired or wireless).
- While the download may take some time due to its large size, you can begin working in Office 365 shortly after it begins (the system will notify you when ready).
- Microsoft's Office Training Center - Learn what's new in Office 2016, find quick start guides, tutorials and more!
- Lynda.com - Looking for a little more assistance with Microsoft Office 365? MSU students, faculty
or staff can access Lynda.com tutorials for free through the Library. Go to: http://www.lib.montana.edu/resources/item/552. Login with your NetID and password. After you login, type Office 365 in the "search" field. This will help you locate
any training related to Office 365.