Office 365 ProPlus - Office 2016
Windows Installation Instructions
To install Office 2016:
- Uninstall any version of Office currently on your computer (see Office Uninstall Instructions for assistance).
- Go to Office 365 Online at http://login.microsoftonline.com.
- Enter your email@example.com.
You will be redirected to MSU's login page.
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and NetID password as shown below.
- Click the Install Office 2016 button. The button may be a different color if you have selected a theme other than the default.
- Depending on your browser, go to the install pop up that appears:
- click Run (in Internet Explorer)
- click Setup (in Chrome)
- click Save File (in Firefox)
FIREFOX USERS: after file has downloaded go to your downloads folder and double click the .exe file to open then click OK.
- Click Yes, when prompted to allow changes be made to this computer.
If you are prompted for an administrative password for your computer and don't know it contact the UIT Service Desk, 994-1777.
Office will begin downloading, although the download process takes a bit of time you will be able to access and run programs about 5 minutes after you begin.
- Follow the prompts through to the end and click Finish.
This will complete the installation process.
- The first time you open an Office application you will be prompted to 'accept' the Microsoft Office License agreement and restart any open Office applications.
- The first time you open Outlook it may take up to 30 minutes for your profile to load.
NOTE: Project and Visio are only available for faculty and staff use.
Copy and paste the following link into the search field on the Start menu and then
You will need to provide administrator credentials in order to run the installer.
Contact the IT Service Desk if you do not know the administrator credentials for your computer (994-1777 | email@example.com)