Office 365 ProPlus - Office 2016 for Mac
IMPORTANT: Be sure you have uninstalled earlier versions of Office for Mac before you install Office 2016. See the Mac Office Uninstall Instructions for assistance. If you have any trouble uninstalling Office for Mac please contact the UIT Service Desk.
To install Office 2016 for Mac
- Go to Office 365 Online at http://login.microsoftonline.com.
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be redirected to MSU's login page.
- Enter your NetID@msu.montana.edu and NetID password as shown below.
- Click the red Install now button.
- Click the Save File button.
The install file will begin downloading. Be patient this takes awhile. A wired connection on campus takes around 5 minutes, a wireless connection will take quite a bit longer.
Once download is complete:
- Open Downloads folder and double-click on Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg.
The Office 2016 for Mac Installer window will open.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click Continue again and then Agree to the terms of the software license.
- Click the Install button.
- Enter your computer's password and click the Install Software button.
The install process will begin. Although it says it may take 30 minutes it generally takes about 5.
- Click the Close button when the installation is complete.
You are ready to use Office for Mac. Go to the Applications folder to open programs.