Suicidal Student Resources
MSU CARE Program
Resources for Faculty, Staff and Parents
|Under the Influence
*All linked information from the Reaching Out Handbook: Resources for Responding to Students in Distress used with permission from Boise State University's Health Services.
THE SUICIDAL STUDENT
It is important to regard all suicidal comments as serious. Watching for some of the following behaviors will offer clues on the student's frame of mind. If a student exhibits any of the symptoms below, refer her or him to Counseling and Psychological Services immediately for assessment.
- withdrawal from friends and family
- expression of extreme hopelessness or guilt
- sudden mood or behavior changes
- giving possessions away
- comments that life isn't worth the trouble
- recurrent thoughts or statements about suicide
If there is immediate risk to life or property, call 911.