Celebrating Excellence in Service
& MSU Employees of the Year
Awards Ceremony: April 19, 2018 ~ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
The Service Excellence program, which focuses on aligning the quality of our services and environment with the excellence of our academic programs, is the foundation for our Employee Recognition Awards program at Montana State University!
To honor outstanding performance and contributions by classified and professional staff, in alignment with the MSU Service Excellence standards, the following will be awarded:
- Eight (8) individual "Employee of the Year" awards of $500 cash, plus a newly designed gold award pin, will be presented to each of the winners. Two staff members will be selected for their excellence in demonstrating each of the 4 Service Excellence standards (Safety, Courtesy, Reliability, Competence).
- One (1) team award will be presented to the team, office, group or committee of classified and professional staff which best exemplifies the Service Excellence culture in its daily work and programs. This award will be: $500 cash/winner (up to a maximum of $2,500 total award). If the selected group includes more than five individuals, the maximum of $2,500 will be split equally among the individuals.
Nomination Procedures ~ Deadline March 23, 2018, 5pm.
- Nominations will be accepted from the general MSU community (faculty, staff and students), on behalf of another eligible employee or team.
- Submit nominations online. Supporting documentation (maximum of 5 pages) may be uploaded.
- One nomination form should be submitted per nominee - individuals can be nominated for any or all of the Service Excellence standards on the same form.
- Team nominations must be submitted on the form for the team award.
- Nomination materials will be shared with individual nominees so please be thorough in your submission (see samples).
The awards program is open to all permanent professional and classified employees of Montana State University in Bozeman. It also includes MSU Extension Offices, Agricultural Research Centers, and MSU Extended Nursing campuses.
A selection committee will evaluate nominations based on:
- Employee of the Year Awards: criteria specific to each of the Service Excellence standards - Safety, Courtesy, Reliability and Competence.
- Team Award: overall contributions that demonstrate excellence through collaborative team efforts, improve or enhance the quality of service and/or productivity, provide excellent service and represent the department and university in a positive manner.
Our service philosophy is that we enrich lives by building a supportive environment that inspires excellence in everything we do!