Important: Montana State University requires all students to meet the following immunization requirements before registering for classes.
Part 1: MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
- Students need to submit official documentation showing two MMR vaccinations that meet
the following requirements:
- Two doses started after 12 months of age
- Must be at least 28 days between dose 1 and 2
- Can be given as combined or individual vaccines
- Any dose given before 1968 is not considered adequate
- The second dose must be after 1980
- Students born before January 1, 1957 are not required to submit documentation of MMRs
- Official documentation must include the student's name and date of birth
- Students can have titers to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella in place of MMR vaccination records.
- Students who cannot have the MMR vaccine. Please complete the appropriate form:
- Students need to submit official documentation showing two MMR vaccinations that meet the following requirements:
Please read and complete the Tuberculosis Screening Form. Then return it to SHP-Medical Services.
- Print or download the Complete all of part 1. Then follow the instructions on the form which direct you to part 2 or part 3.
Tips for submitting records
- Verify that your record includes your full name and date of birth before submitting.
Records cannot be processed as official documentation without that information.
- Screenshots from online patient portal systems often do not include this information. You can reach out to your doctor’s office for an official immunization record that includes your name and date of birth.
- Check any photos to make sure the image is clear and easy to read.
- Do not submit the same documents in multiple ways (for example, do not upload and email the same record). If you are unsure if it was received, please call the office at 406-994-2311 to check before resubmitting it.
- We cannot open emailed links. Send your records as attachments. Do not send Google doc or other links.
- Verify that the immunization record includes two MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) shots and dates they were given.
- Submit immunization records in a single document rather than multiple photos or documents in an email or upload.
- The immunization form does not need to be filled out if you submit an official immunization record.
- If you do not have a copy of your immunization record, here are some places to look:
- Request and Immunization record from your doctor's office
- State-certificate of immunization
- Record of immunizations from county health department
- High school transcript including immunizations
- Military immunization record
- Yellow Card immunization booklet
- Childhood immunization booklet
- Lab results of titers showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella. Must submit full lab report.
- SHP-Medical Services immunization form completed by a healthcare provider
- All of part 1 must be filled out including name, date of birth, and today’s date (date you are answering the questions). It cannot be processed if this information is missing.
- Fill out Part 1 of the TB Screening Form to check if a skin test (Part 2) is needed.
- If you need a tb skin test, documentation must include the injection date, read date, and results in millimeters. Part 2 on the form has a section for this information.
- If you are completing a quantiferon gold blood test instead of the tb skin test, the documentation must be the lab report.
Please call our office at (406) 994-2311 or email questions about immunizations to [email protected].