Cost of Services
Office or Telehealth Visits with a medical provider, nutritionist, or wellness coach
- $0. This is covered by your student health fee.
X-Rays, Labs, and Procedures
- Charges vary depending on what you have done.
- You are welcome to ask what the cost will be before having anything done.
- SHP does not bill outside insurance, but we can give you a receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Charges vary depending on the vaccine.
- You are welcome to ask what the cost is before receiving the immunization.
- The pharmacy will try to bill your insurance, but it may not be covered as a pharmacy benefit.
- You can get a receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Pharmacy will try to bill your insurance, but it may not be covered as a pharmacy benefit.
- If it is not covered, you can get a receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Orthopedic Devices such as a splint, boot, or crutches
- Cost varies depending on which item(s) you get.
- SHP does not bill outside insurance, but you can get a receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Cost vary depending on the prescription or over the counter item.
- Pharmacy can bill most insurance plans for prescriptions.
How to Pay -
SHP accepts cash, checks, Cat Card, and most major credit cards except American Express. If charges are not paid for at the time of visit, they will be sent to Student Accounts at MSU's Business Services. Students can pay their Student Account at Montana Hall or through MyInfo.
SHP - Medical Services provides services for current MSU and Gallatin College students.
Students pay a health fee each semester to be eligible to use services at SHP-Medical Services. These services include medical and nutrition visits, lab, x-ray, and pharmacy.
The fee is charge automatically with tuition and fees when a student is enrolled in 7 or more credits at MSU. Students taking less than 7 credits or enrolled at Gallatin College will be charged the health fee at their first visit with SHP-Medical Services. The charge will be sent to their student account.
- Students enrolled in a total of 7+ credits or more for fall 2023 are automatically assessed the Student Health fee, thus have complimentary access to Student Health Partners Services, (Medical, Counseling, Dental, Health Coaching & Dietitians, Pharmacy)
- Students not enrolled in 7+ credits or student enrolled at Gallatin College who wish to utilize these services may opt in to the $290.25 Student Health fee to obtain access.
Students are not required to have the MSU health insurance plan to use SHP-Medical Services.