Grade Point Average / Marks :
Freshman: 2.5/4.0 Transfer Student: 2.0/4.0
Proof of English proficiency:
Click here to see accepted examinations & scores
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 15
Summer Session: March 15
Grade Point Average / Marks: 3.0/4.0
GRE: required, score varies by department
TOEFL: 80 internet / 550 paper
**Some departments have higher TOEFL requirements and additional documents**
Fall Semester: June 1
Spring Semester: October 1
Summer Session: February 1
** Deadlines vary by department. Please check your department's webpage to verify the deadline**
|Total enrollment at MSU:||16,440|
|International Students:||722 from 76 countries|
(subject to change)
|Tuition & Fees:||Undergraduate: $24,300/yr
Undergraduate: $30 (paper); $38 (online)
(varies by department)
Accommodations at MSU
|Residence Halls:||Begins at $9,250 per year, including full meal plan|
Funds Needed to Have an I-20 Issued:
US$33,500 (U) / US$28,372 (G)
Want more information?
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or +1(406)994-4031
- All professional programs have national accreditation: ABET (engineering and computer science), AACSB (business), NAAB (architecture) and CCNE (nursing).
- MSU receives over US$100 million per year in grants to conduct research and creative activities. Undergraduate students in many fields work directly with top researchers and professors, giving them valuable hands-on experience.
- In a class of its own, MSU is among the top 3% of colleges and universities for research expenditures, and is also classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an institution with a high undergraduate profile. This means that undergraduates at MSU receive research opportunities typically reserved for graduate students at other institutions.
- MSU has produced 64 Goldwater scholars, and consistently remains one of the nation's top institutions for total number of recipients. The prestigious Goldwater Scholarship is given for excellence in math and science.
- Since 2001, College of Engineering graduates have consistently passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam at a rate of more than 10 percentage points higher than the average national pass rate. The FE is a step toward becoming a licensed professional engineer.
- MSU's Computer Science program is fully accredited -- only 10% of the Computer Science programs in the country have this distinction. This means that MSU students are in higher demand and receive better salaries.
- MSU's College of Business has AACBS accreditation -- only 5% of business schools in the world have this distinction.
- MSU offered the first accredited 5-year Master's of Architecture program in the nation.
- Our film school is one of the top film schools in the nation and offers the only Master of Fine Arts in Natural History Filmmaking in the country that is partially funded through the Discovery Channel.