Each graduate academic program has its own admission criteria, requirements and processes. It is very important that you first review department websites and/or contact the department to which you plan to apply for specific details about admission requirements, department standards, test scores, supplemental materials and deadlines.
You can easily locate contact information from our list of academic programs.
When considering applicants, most programs consider a number of factors; while grade point averages and test scores are important, they are not the only factors. Each department has its own requirements and weights them differently. In general though, most graduate programs look for the following academic qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited / government recognized university. Those degrees are generally four-year-long programs. MSU does not recognize 3-year degrees.
- B average or higher from your Bachelor degree (or the equivalent) - 3.0 / 4.0 GPA
- All departments require that you take the GRE. A good preparation to the GRE has been
proven to make a difference!
- GRE - The Graduate Record Examinations Program
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- 3 letters of recommendation, personal statement, and resume.