Hello Valued Agent Partner -
I am happy to offer these helpful online resources for you to access at your convenience. I hope you will find them useful in your day to day work.
General University Information
Marketing & Recruitment Tools
- Dhaval, India
- Neerja, India
- Priyanka, India
- Fahad, Saudi Arabia
- Burmaa, Mongolia
- Chaitanya, Indonesia
- Aedine, Cameroon
- Kutay, Turkey
Printable Fact Sheet
All applications from agents must be submitted with a cover letter so that we know that the application is coming from your agency. It is very important that you include your email address in the cover letter so that we can let you know we received the student’s application and ask any important questions. If you would like the student’s admission documents sent to your agency, please include your agency’s address in the “mailing address” block on the application form. In the “permanent address” block we need the students direct mailing address - - not your agency’s address. We are required by U.S. law to have the student’s permanent home address when the student applies for admission and also require a direct email address as well. If you write your agency’s address in the “permanent address” block there will be a delay in processing while we contact you to get the students home address.
- Application Instructions
- Undergraduate Online Application
- Undergraduate Paper Application
- Undergraduate International Student Financial Certificate
- Please send the application and all supporting documents to the Office of International Programs – NOT to the specific department that the student is applying for. This is most efficient and effective way, so that we may check for completion before the applicant’s documents reach the individual departments.
- The graduate application process is much slower because it is very competitive and all decisions are made internal to each department. In general, the process can take anywhere from 1-6 months. Please be aware that graduate deadlines are firm and that most strong applicants apply by the priority deadlines of September 1st for spring semester and January 15th for fall semester.
- The below scores and GPA are only minimums, test scores and GPA average vary in individual departments and some are more competitive than others. We also ask that agents request for the status of each graduate applicant only once every 2-3 months, our office assists many graduate applicants each semester.
- For Government Sponsored Graduate Applicants – MSU offers “Conditional Admission” in which the agent would assist the applicant with all the documents listed below with the exception of the Language Proficiency and GRE requirements. All documents and the downloadable paper application must be sent to the MSU Office of International Programs for processing, rather than to the academic department. When the application is passed along to the individual academic department, the faculty will use the same competitive guidelines as for all students to decide if the student is academically admissible. If this decision is positive, it allows the student to join the A.C.E. Language Institute on our campus to attempt to reach the English language and GRE requirements. Only if these requirements are successfully completed will the student be permitted to enroll as a graduate student.
Checklist of documents:
- Application and application fee – can either be accomplished online or downloaded at: http://www.montana.edu/gradstudies/cat_international.shtml
- Bachelor degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited / government recognized university. Those degrees are generally four-year-long programs. B average or higher from your Bachelor degree (or the equivalent) - 3.0 / 4.0 GPA . Official transcripts are required
- All departments require that you take the GRE. A good preparation to the GRE has been proven to make a difference!
- Evidence of Language Proficiency through either an official TOEFL score above an 80 iBT or a 7.0 IELTS
- Signed Financial Certificate – part of the application
- Bank Statement indicating necessary funds for 1 year of study – US$25,000
- 3 letters of recommendation - How to Help Your Students Select the Best Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose - Helping Your Applicants Write a Strong Statement of Purpose
Montana State University is an institutional member of the American International Recruitment Council. The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is a membership association of accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions and certified student recruitment agencies which develops standards of ethical practice and provides a certification framework for agencies engaged in student recruitment. AIRC has been organized and will be operated as a tax-exempt Section 501(c)(3) organization.