English Proficiency for Graduate Applicants
In order to succeed academically at the university level, students must have a good mastery of English language skills. All students must meet the university minimum score requirements indicated below; however, many graduate programs have higher score requirements. It is important that you contact your department directly to learn their minimum score requirements.
|Internet-based TOEFL Test (iBT)||80|
|Paper-based TOEFL Test (PBT)||550|
How to submit your score?
1. TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the MSU Office of Admissions. Official score reports can be ordered by writing to: TOEFL Score Reports, P.O. Box 6153, Princeton, NJ 08541-6153 USA or via the website at http://www.toefl.org.
Arrangements to take the TOEFL can be made by writing to: Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ 08540 USA (http://www.toefl.org). Allow sufficient time for test registration procedures (about one month) and score results (one additional month). Entering the Montana State University school code (4488) on the test form will ensure that an official score report is sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
2. To take the IELTS, a program jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP Education Australia: IELTS Australia, please go to: http://www.ielts.org. Students taking the IELTS will need to take the following address along with them on their test date in order to write it on the test form and have the score results sent directly to the Office of Admissions: MSU International Admissions, 400 Culbertson Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717 USA. Please allow approximately two weeks from the test date for the score to arrive at MSU.
3. PTE Academic
You must send your PTE Academic score through PTE's secure portal. Montana State University does not accept paper of PDF versions of PTE Academic score reports. Read the instructions below or watch the step-by-step instructional video on the following link:.http://pearsonpte.com/test-takers/results/send-score-report/
- Visit www.vue.com/pte and click on 'My Account' to login
- Click 'Send Scores'.
- Type the name of your chosen institution in the field marked 'Institution / Organization / Department / School' and click 'Search'.
- Tick the box next to the institution's name when it appears in the list.
- Review your details then scroll down the page and click 'Next' and then 'Next' again to confirm
last updated: June 23, 2015