If you're seeking a graduate degree (Master's and Ph.D.),Montana State University offers over 55 Master's degree options, 37 doctoral degree options including one specialist program, and 19 certificate options.
When you join MSU you will become part of a dynamic academic community that integrates learning and the discovery of knowledge. You will study with world-class faculty that encourages students to develop creative solutions to today's and tomorrow's challenges.
MSU receives over US$103 million per year in grants to conduct research activities. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching ranks MSU in the top tier of 108 Research Universities, demonstrating very high level research activity.
Graduate education is decentralized at MSU. This means that interested applicants need to interact directly with the relevant department and submit application materials directly the department.
The Graduate Admission Process
- Before applying, inquire to the department in which you are interested about all requirements and deadlines, as they vary from department to department.
- Apply online (paper applications can be furnished upon request)
- After the graduate admissions committee of the department reviews your application, the Graduate School will inform you about the admission decision.
- If you are denied, you will receive a letter by email.
- If you are admitted, the admission packet will be routed to the Office of International Programs (OIP). OIP prepares the Certificate of Visa Eligibility (I-20 form) and sends your complete admissions packet by Global Priory Mail. It includes: your official Letter of Acceptance, the I-20, and information about International Student Orientation, housing, student clubs and health insurance.
- Upon receiving the official admissions packet, you should make arrangements for housing, confirm your attendance with the department and the Office of International Programs (especially if you have been offered a Research or Teaching Assistantship), apply for your student visa at the nearest US Consulate, and make your travel plans to Bozeman, Montana.
To learn more about MSU's graduate programs and how to apply, click on the following link: http://www.montana.edu/gradschool/