Top Tips for Getting Started with Diversity and Inclusion work as an Educator in Jabs:
- Start Reading! A couple good starter books are listed below:
- Start Watching and Listening! A couple good starter films and podcasts are listed below:
- Attend a workshop or training (see “Educate Yourself at MSU” below)
- Check out these great resources for MSU faculty.
- Set up a meeting with the Jabs Academic Diversity Partner, Myleen Leary, to discuss how you can be involved. ([email protected])
EDUCATE Yourself at MSU!
There are a multitude of resources, trainings, and other ways to learn more about how diversity and inclusion play a role at MSU, and how to integrate this important work into your teaching, service, and work with students and other faculty and staff.
- Montana State University Diversity and Inclusion Framework - The current MSU Diversity Framework builds on a foundation of institutional values and accomplishments that have been established over many years through the work of students, faculty and staff committed to broadening and strengthening diversity.
- Montana State University’s Strategic Plan, Choosing Promise - Has the above framework integrated throughout. Learn more about how these values are being conceptualized in our overall campus community and goals.
- Indian Education For All (IEFA) in Montana - This course is just one part of an overall effort to ensure that every member of our Montana University System (MUS) team is engaged in conversations around the Montana Constitutional mandate that "every Montanan, whether Indian or non-Indian, be encouraged to learn about the distinct and unique heritage of American Indians in a culturally responsive manner."
- Diversity Development Certificate - The Diversity & Inclusion Development program offers a series of trainings to students, staff, and faculty to expand their awareness, knowledge, and skills related to diversity and inclusion to promote personal and professional growth.
- Safe Zone Trainings - Interested in learning more about LGBTQ issues and potentially becoming part of an ally network for LGBTQ students at MSU? The Safe Zone program offers trainings each semester to help educate our community and promote an inclusive campus environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion Student Commons - The Diversity and Inclusion Student Commons promotes inclusion and understanding of difference, supports students from underrepresented identity groups, and encourages critical thinking about diversity topics.
- Diversity at a Glance at Montana State University - Basic demographic information at MSU
- Leadership Learning from COVID-19 and Racial Injustice - In response to the current times, the MSU Leadership Institute has created a one-stop, virtual resource guide for MSU community members seeking to cultivate leadership skills and mobilize positive change.
- Resources for Further Learning at MSU - join a reading group, request support for activities that support MSU’s Diversity and Inclusion Framework, find resources for faculty and staff at MSU
- Resources for Further Reflection