Education Advising Center
Welcome to the Education Advising Center!
Our two full time academic advisors look forward to meeting with students who are education majors as well as returning students seeking licensure in the P-12 public schools. Our goal is to provide students with the skills necessary to be successful in their 4 years at MSU. In line with the MSU Advising Syllabus, we are committed to:
- Assist students in developing meaningful educational plans, compatible with their life goals.
- Help students accept responsibility for their own education.
- Provide guidance in curricular and professional choices to aid students' professional development.
- Assist students in interpretation of institutional requirements.
- Enhance student awareness of educational resources available.
- Evaluate student progress toward established goals.
- Assist students in developing decision-making skills.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Contact an Education Advisor
Information and Resources for Teaching Majors
- Important Dates for Teaching Majors
- To-Do List for Teaching Majors
- Undergraduate Curriculum - Find Teaching Majors and Minors Here
- Application to Teacher Education Program
- GPA Calculators
- Professional Competencies & Dispositions
- Professional Educators of Montana Code of Ethics
- Request a Variance
- Student Support Resources
- Work and Volunteer Opportunities - HireABobcat
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Office of Field Placement & Licensure
- Licensure Information by State
- Montana Assessment of Content Knowledge - Requirements for Licensure
- What Subject Areas Are in High Demand?
Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- HireABobcat - Student and Professional Job Openings
- MT Office of Public Instruction - K-12 Teaching Jobs in Montana
- Office of the Registrar: Registration
- Office of the Registrar: Graduation
- Office of the Registrar: Add/Drop Courses
- Office of the Registrar: Change Your Major/Minor
- Math Placement
Join our Montana State University Teacher Education Group on Facebook.