McNair Tuition Waiver and Application Fee Information
The Montana State University (MSU) McNair Graduate Tuition and Application fee Waivers were created to encourage promising McNair Scholars to pursue advanced graduate education at MSU.
Process to Request a McNair Application Fee Waivers
Please submit a request to [email protected] (subject: McNair Application Fee Waiver). Your email request should have an attached letter or e-mail from you McNair Scholars Program Director which verifyies that you completed the McNair program at your university. Do not apply to the Graudate School until you recieve a reply; which will provide detailed instructions on applying. The Graduate School will not reimburse an applicant who pays for the application themself, prior to approval.
Process to Apply for a McNair Tuition Waiver
Tuition Waiver Details
The following qualified candidates are eligible for up to 12 credits/academic term of tuition waivers provided that the student is in good standing. Fees are the responsibility of the student and/or admitting department. The tuition waiver should be used only for credits that apply towards the degree or certificate program.
- Doctoral students: MSU Graduate School will provide waivers for their first four semesters
- Master’s students: MSU Graduate School will provide waivers for their first two semesters.
- Certificate students: MSU Graduate School will provide a waiver for their first semester.
Eligibility - The nominee must:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- have completed any McNair Scholars Program;
- be newly admitted to a graduate program at MSU;
- not have been awarded a full-tuition waiver from MSU, or outside agencies.
Nominations can come at any time from the student, a graduate coordinator, or faculty member and should include:
- the name of the student;
- a letter or email from the student’s McNair program stating that they are an alumnus of the McNair program
- which graduate program the student is newly enrolled in
Process to apply for McNair tuition waivers:
Submit the nomination in a single email attachment (PDF) to [email protected] (subject: McNair Tuition Waiver Request). The Graduate School will review your completed packet for consideration and notify you via email regarding whether or not you have been selected as a McNair Tuition Waiver recipient.