Meritorious Award Notice
Nominations must come directly from a department/faculty. Students may not apply for this award.
The Graduate School (GS) requests nominations for the Meritorious Award, to be awarded for Fall 2020. The purpose of this award is to attract outstanding new doctoral students and thus grow graduate student enrollment in alignment with the university’s academic strategic plan.
A total of $45K has been set aside to support these awards, with a disbursement amount of $5K/award. Nominations are accepted from December 1 until all funds are expended or until the closing date of March 30.
Note: Please do not nominate a student for both Meritorious and Mildred Livingston Presidential Awards. Students who are nominated but not selected for the Meritorious will be considered for the Presidential.
The nominating departmentwill submita one page letterto includethe below information electronically toAnna Denham, Administrative Associate: email@example.com or 406.994.4145. Any quesitons, direct them to Melis Edwards, Director of Graduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-6329.
A Letter of support from the nominating MSU faculty which includes:
- Students full name and email address
- Program and degree type being considered at MSU-Bozeman
- Current degrees and names of institutions where degrees were conferred
- Student scholarship or work experience
MECHANISM FOR DISTRIBUTION OF THE AWARD
- The award is for new Ph.D. students matriculating Fall 2020.
- In the event that the student has declined admission or has deferred to another term, the funding will return to the general pool. The Graduate School then may offer the award to an alternate nominee, who may or may not be an applicant in the same department.
- The award (a onetime payment) will be dispersed to the student’s account. These funds typically are available after the first week of classes in the Fall term.