Mildred Livingston Presidential Award Notice
Nominations must come directly from a department/faculty. Students may not apply for this award.
The Graduate School has closed nominations for the Mildred Livingston Presidential award. The purpose of this award is to attract outstanding new graduate students and grow graduate student enrollment in alignment with the university’s academic strategic plan. The award is valued at $2,000, to be given over the course of two years, beginning Fall 2023 and ending Spring 2025. Applicants to any master’s or doctoral program are eligible to be nominated for this award.
Interested programs need to submit:
- Name of student
- Degree program
- Admission semester
- GTA or GRA?
- Monthly stipend that will be included in the offer of admission
- What is the OSU average stipend for an assistantship in this field
- How many years of assistantship are provided in the offer of admission, contingent on satisfactory progress
- 1-page nominating statement
Award Funding and Distribution Details
- The award is for new graduate students matriculating Fall of 2023.
- In order to retain the award, the student must maintain good academic standing (term and cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher) as noted on this link to the G.S. policy pages.
- A payment of $500 will be dispersed to the student’s account during the fall and spring semesters for two years (total amount $2,000). Typically, payments are made into a student’s account after the first week of classes.
- In the event that the student has declined admission or has deferred admission to another term, the funding will return to the general pool. In that case, the Graduate School may offer the award to an alternate nominee who may or may not be an applicant in the same department.
- Click here to nominate a student for the Presidential Award.