Delta Gamma was founded in 1873 in Oxford, Mississippi, at the Lewis School for Girls by three young women who were unable to go home for the Christmas break. Together, Anna Boyd, Mary Comfort and Eva Webb created a “club of mutual helpfulness.”
They chose the Greek letters Delta and Gamma because of their desire to “Do Good.” It remains Delta Gamma’s motto today and a driving force in all we do.
What started with three women has since grown into an international Fraternity with more than 250,000 members in 151 collegiate chapters and more than 200 alumnae groups. Delta Gamma’s sisterhood continues to inspire women through the values that were built into our very first Constitution. Article II, written by our Founders in 1873, states: The objects of this Fraternity shall be to foster high ideals of friendship among women, to promote their educational and cultural interests, to create in them a true sense of social responsibility, and to develop in them the best qualities of character.
This fall Delta Gamma will re-establish their Gamma Delta chapter at Montana State. We look forward to meeting you all this fall and joining the fraternity and sorority community at Montana State.
|Philanthropy||Service for Sight|
|Address||418 W. Garfield Street
Bozeman, MT 59715