Sport and Coaching Sciences
This graduate option is designed for students with experience in applied concepts of sport and coaching/teaching science. For example, athletic coaches and administrators at any level of sport--competitive, developmental, or recreational--athletic trainers, health enhancement or physical education teachers, or those in the private sector who are involved or interested in the application of sport and teaching sciences are welcome. This program offers significant flexibility depending on the abilities and interests of the student.
Admissions decisions are based on:
- Undergraduate preparation (GPA and strength of pre-requisite course work)
- GRE equal to or greater than 800 preferred
- Goodness of fit and how consistent interests and goals of student align with research and outreach goals of faculty (to be addressed in personal essay)
- Relevant professional experience
- Strength of letters of recommendation